Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: From KWD287mn (USD1.01bn) in 2014 to KWD300mn (USD1.01bn) in 2015; +4.7% in local currency terms and +0.6% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q315.
Healthcare: From KWD1.56bn (USD5.49bn) in 2014 to KWD1.67bn (USD5.64bn) in 2015; +6.9% in local currency terms and +2.7% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q315.
In our Q415 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index Kuwait scores 53.7 out of 100. Falling from a Q315 score of 56.1, the country has dropped from its position as the third most attractive market in the region to the sixth most attractive. The burden of diabetes will continue to expand in the region as the population ages and adopts increasingly sedentary lifestyles. Increasing insurance coverage and rising income levels will lead to greater spending on diabetes, and commercial opportunities will be sought by multinational pharmaceutical companies, health insurers and providers.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends and Developments
The Ministry of Health announced the approval of AbbVie's hepatitis C treatment of Viekiraz (ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir) and Exviera (dasabuvir) in May 2015, less than three months after the treatment received approval from the European Commission.
The Kuwait Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Kuwait Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kuwait pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Kuwait, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kuwaiti pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Kuwaiti pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kuwait.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors using our company profiles (including SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and competitive landscape tables.
CoverageBMI Industry View
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bahrain Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015