Heineken UK Ltd remained the leading player in cider/perry in the UK in 2013. The company's leading position can be attributed to a portfolio of mainstream brands, including Bulmers Original and Strongbow. Strongbow was the leading brand in the UK with 24% of total volume sales in 2013. However, the brands lost three percentage points in the last year as the rise of niche brands and competition from rival brands saw it share tumble. The brand is still perceived as fairly mainstream by consumers but lacks authenticity and provenance in the eyes of the public, these being factors which are currently triggering growth in the category. This decline was in spite of premiumisation attempts through redesigned packaging and the introduction of flavoured variants such as Strongbow Dark Fruit.
Full Report Details at
Provenance, premiumisation and the proliferation of flavoured variants are factors that are expected to continue to drive the category over the forecast period. The category is expected to achieve stronger value than volume growth as consumers are expected to continue to favour quality over quantity and continue to opt for more upmarket products. This will translate into a total volume CAGR of 2% and value CAGR of 4% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cider/Perry industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cider/Perry industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The?Cider/Perry in?United Kingdom market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Wine Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Spirits Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in the United Kingdom to 2018
- The Future of the Still and Sparkling Wine Market in the United Kingdom to 2018
- The Future of the Spirits Market in the United Kingdom to 2017