"Mixed Retailers in Russia" Published

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Tue Mar 29 2016

Mixed retailers accounted for only a 1% share of overall value sales in store-based retailing in Russia in 2015. The channel consists only of department stores and variety stores, whilst the two remaining channels, mass merchandisers and warehouse clubs, were not present in Russia at the end of the review period. Over the review period department stores and variety stores were targeted towards different groups of people, with department stores focusing on premium ranges of products and higher prices, whilst variety stores were positioned in the economy price segment. The share of department stores in terms of value sales of mixed retailers decreased over the review period, and the channel accounted for a 47% share of value sales in 2015, whilst the remaining 53% share of value sales was generated by variety stores.

Full Report Details at
- http://www.fastmr.com/prod/1127976_mixed_retailers_russia.aspx?afid=302

Competitive Landscape

Best Price, operating the chain of variety stores Fix Price, remained the leading player in mixed retailers in 2015. In addition, the company saw the biggest increase in value sales, increasing its value share by four percentage points, from 45% in 2014 to 49% in 2015. The company’s first physical store was opened in December 2007, and from then on the company began to rapidly expand its business in all Russian regions. At the end of the review period Best Price operated 1,965 outlets located throughout Russia, and plans to continue its expansion. The company has a unique business model, as it sells a wide range of household and other goods at one low price. This is a completely new and unique format in Russian retailing, and the company was the first to adopt it.

Industry Prospects

Mixed retailers is expected to record a negligible negative value CAGR at constant 2015 prices over the forecast period. The further development of the channel will be dependent on various factors, including the macroeconomic situation, the performance of the Russian rouble against other currencies and consumers’ purchasing power. The main driver of future growth is expected to be the rapid development of variety stores and the growing popularity of this channel amongst Russian consumers. Variety stores will benefit from the more moderate growth in consumer expenditure over the forecast period compared with the review period. Consumers with low incomes are expected to become even more price-sensitive, and will strongly favour retailers which offer cheap prices and discounts. It is also expected that mass merchandisers and warehouse clubs will not see any development in Russia, as these channels do not have a tradition in Russia.

Report Overview

Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Retailing in Ireland
- Retailing in the Netherlands
- Retailing in Bulgaria
- Retailing in Turkey
- Retailing in Australia

Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: press@fastmr.com
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »