"Mali: Mobile Data Services, Competition and Network Improvement Spur Market Evolution" Published
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Mali: Mobile Data Services, Competition and Network Improvement Spur Market Evolution", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Mon Sep 21 2015] 'Pyramid Research estimates that telecom services in Mali will generate revenue of $789bn, or 6.0% of GDP, in 2015. Mobile voice will be the major contributor, accounting for 79.8% of total revenue in 2015. Over the 2015-2020 forecast period, mobile voice revenue will continue to grow at a healthy rate, although mobile data will be the fastest -growing segment. The growing adoption and usage of low-cost smartphones and value-added services will drive mobile data growth. Mali remains a mobile market at its core despite investment in fixed infrastructure for broadband services, and we project mobile services to account for 91.7% of total service revenue in 2020.
* Pyramid Research estimates that telecom services in Mali will generate revenue of $789bn, or 6.0% of GDP, in 2015. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a CAGR of 7.0% over the 2015-2020 forecast period.
* The top two operators, Orange Mali and Malitel, which provide fixed and mobile services, account for 99.4% of telecom service revenue in the country. The entry of third mobile network operator Alpha Telecom and the first MVNO Aidou Telecom in 2015 will enhance competition during the 2016-2020 period.
* Pyramid Research expects 3G subscriptions to reach 5.5m or 16.2% of total mobile subscriptions in 2020 from 1.2m or 4.5% in 2015. LTE subscriptions will reach 1.0m by year-end 2020, 3.1% of total mobile subscriptions.
* The total number of fixed access lines will increase by 11% year-on-year to reach 168,000 at year-end 2015, a result of growing investment in fixed infrastructure.
Full Report Details at
"Mali: Mobile Data Services, Competition and Network Improvement Spur Market Evolution" reportprovides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mali today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Malian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Mali in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region
* Economic, demographic and political context in Mali
* The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more
* A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Asia - Mobile Data and Wireless Broadband Market
- Voice over LTE Market - Analysis & Forecast to 2014 - 2020
- Finland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Switzerland - Telecoms, IP Networks and Digital Media
- Spain - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts