The 800MHz/2600MHz 4G Spectrum Auctions and the National Broadband Plan Will Fuel Data Services Growth
[USPRwire, Tue Sep 29 2015] The Polish Telecom market is second behind only to Russia in terms of telecom services revenues in the CEE region and is estimated to generate telecom services revenue of $20bn at the end of 2020. Mobile data will contribute nearly 20% of the total revenues, driven by the increasing number of LTE users who are expected to result in the increased data usage, as mobile broadband prices continues to be relatively cheaper as compared to fixed broadband, owing to regulatory intervention. The ongoing auction of the 800MHz/2600MHz spectrum auction would further improve LTE coverage in the country, offering operators the opportunity to provide high-speed broadband Internet services and growth in the mobile broadband usage will particularly be driven from the rural areas. The presence of 6 major operators and more than 20 MVNOs has intensified the existing competition amongst the telcos, thereby resulting in pricing pressure on the telcos. Service bundling and multi-screen among DTH and cable operators among DTH and cable operators will be the key focus areas by pay-TV operators in Poland.
Full Report Details at
* Poland is the second largest telecom services market in the Central and Eastern Europe region, after Russia, with estimated revenue of US$8.7bn, or 1.7% of nominal GDP in 2015.
* Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to decline from Zl 33.5bn ($8.7bn) in 2015 to Zl 30.7bn ($10.0bn) in 2020 (-1.7% CAGR in Zl terms) as price competition will remain intense and the adoption of fixed/mobile convergent services will increase pressure on total market revenue.
* The revenue mix will change as the government (through its national broadband plan) and leading operators (Orange, Play, Polkomtel, T-Mobile and Netia) invest in high-speed fixed and mobile networks to capture an increasing demand for Internet services. Fixed and mobile data revenue will account for 34.9% of total revenue in 2020, up from 26.8% in 2015.
* The top two operators - Orange Poland, which provides mobile, broadband, TV and fixed voice services, and Play, which offers mobile services - will account for 43.6% of overall service revenue in 2015. All operators are focusing on investments, network modernization and multiplay offerings to compete in a challenging environment
"Poland: The 800MHz/2600MHz 4G Spectrum Auctions and the National Broadband Plan Will Fuel Data Services Growth" report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Poland today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Poland's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Asia - Mobile Data and Wireless Broadband Market
- Botswana: Introduction of 4G and Implementation of National Broadband Strategy to Fuel Competition for Data Services
- Australia - Mobile Infrastructure
- Spain - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Finland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts