New Market Report: Romania Power Report Q1 2015
New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Romania Power Report Q1 2015"
[USPRwire, Thu Dec 25 2014] Nuclear power will be key to driving Romania's energy sector given the prospect of massive Chinese and Canadian investment in the second half of the decade. Renewables will also continue to play an important role, although the scaling back of the government's support will slow investment. Consumption will fluctuate depending on growth but the broad trend will be upwards. Electricity prices will moderate as the implicit subsidy for green energy is lifted. The government will remain committed to privatisation of the power sector, increasing the potential for market-driven competition.
Key Trends And Developments
* Romania's production of electricity is growing rapidly, by 9% year on year during the first eight months of 2014. This is a result of heavy rainfall in spring, but also continued investment in Romania's generation capacity. Production in solar power increased threefold on an annual basis (to 1.0TWh) and production in hydropower rose by 17.4% year on year in January-August, to reach 12.8 TWh.
* The value of the largest power companies has risen sharply and their shares are currently the best-performing blue-chip stocks on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. Shares in Transelectrica, gained 66% in the first ten months of 2014.
* As a result of rising production, exports have surged, by 5.7 times on an annualized basis in the first eight months of 2014. In the background to this, Romania has continued to invest in new interconnectors and struck agreements with neighbours to open up their electricity markets, which will underpin future growth in exports.
* In November, Romania joined the so-called 4M Market Coupling project which will incorporate the country into the common Czech-Hungarian-Slovak electricity market.
* Various companies have expressed an interest in buying Enel's assets following its decision in July to pull out of the Romanian market. The Romanian state-owned power companies Nuclearelectrica and Electrica and China's State...
Full Report Details at
The Romania Power Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering electricity generation (coal, gas, oil, nuclear, hydro and non-hydro renewables), electricity consumption, trade, transmission and distribution losses and electricity generating capacity.
The Romania Power Report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing national and multinational operators by sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
* Use BMI's independent industry forecasts for Romania to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic planning in the power market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Power Report Q1 2015
- Indonesia Power Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Power Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Power Report Q1 2015
- Brazil Power Report Q1 2015