New Market Report: France Information Technology Report Q2 2014
New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "France Information Technology Report Q2 2014"
[USPRwire, Wed Apr 16 2014] The French IT market is well developed with high penetration of products and solutions, as well as being home to some leading IT services providers and a growing cybersecurity ecosystem. Although desktop and notebook sales will remain under pressure in 2014 as a result of competition from tablets and hybrids, we expect the decline to be less pronounced than in 2012 and 2013. Meanwhile, a stronger economic backdrop will be conducive to growth in enterprise spending, with cloud services including SaaS, IaaS and PaaS expected to be among the areas of fastest growth. This will drive continued investment in data centre facilities by leading global vendors, as well as local telecoms operators and cloud services providers.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: EUR7.8bn in 2013 to EUR7.9bn in 2014, then EUR8.3bn in 2018 with CAGR of 1.2% 2014-2018 in local currency terms. Growth in tablet volumes will continue in 2014, but lower cost of tablets is limiting increases in market value.
* Software Sales: EUR10.7bn in 2013 to EUR11.1bn in 2014, then EUR12.8bn in 2018 with CAGR of 3.7% 2014-2018 in local currency terms. Demand for cybersecurity solutions stands out as a growth area as concerns about state surveillance are stoked by media reports, while broader investment in enterprise software should recover as confidence increases.
* IT Services Sales: EUR17.1bn in 2013 to EUR17.8bn in 2014, then EUR21.0bn in 2018 with CAGR of 4.2% 2014-2018 in local currency terms. Cloud computing will be the key growth driver for IT services spending, with the regional growth trend boosted by the presence of national cloud computing providers.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends & Developments
The cloud segment has continued to boom in France, underpinned by government initiatives and concerns about the security of relying on suppliers without a domestic presence. The revelations of spying surrounding the NSA PRISM programme provided a significant boost to France's model of developing national cloud infrastructure. The Project Andromede offers customers IaaS/PaaS services from French datacentres, guaranteeing customer security and providing legal recourse. Concern from French enterprise customers has also helped to catalyse investment in datacentre facilities by international providers. For instance, global vendor IBM reported it has invested EUR450mn since 2009, and in January 2014 announced it was planning to expand its operations with the opening of a Cloud IBM SoftLayer data centre in Paris. The new facility is due to be operational in H214.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q2 2014