Innovative Trends Steer Demand for Starch Based Edible Coating during the forecast Period, 2018-2027
The global starch based edible coating market is projected to register a moderate expansion over the forecast period during 2018 to 2027.
[USPRwire, Mon Sep 30 2019] The report studies the starch based edible coating market worldwide, especially in North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, India and Other Regions with production, size, growth, revenue, consumption, import and export in these regions. In order to study the various trends and patterns prevailing in the concerned market, Fact.MR has included a new report on starch based edible coating market to its wide online database including upcoming trends and market growth factors through 2027. This research assessment offers a clear insight about the influential factors that are expected to transform the global market in the near future.
Get A Sample Copy of Market Report Here - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2912
The global starch based edible coating market continues to remain consolidated at the top, with leading players holding 40-50% share. Expanding global footprint is a main strategy of these players, which has resulted into several acquisitions, partnerships, and collaboration activities with the emerging players and innovative products. On the other hand, regional players in starch based edible coating market are focused on bringing new products and economic alternatives to the market, while emerging market players continuously struggle to gain significance. However, an influx of local companies with their innovative offerings has made the nature of the starch based edible coatings market to be splintered at the bottom. Recent developments in the market have been highlighted below.
- A prominent player in starch based edible coating market- Cargill Inc- has committed to source waxy corn 100% sustainably from European farmers to enable continuous crop supply for food starch. Cargill has also developed the Waxy Corn Promise program, leveraging their robust collaborations with farmers and co-op suppliers, to address the grave sustainability-related challenges in regions with significant waxy corn cultivation.
- Ingredion Inc. recently added two novel organic-certified corn starch ingredients- Novation Prima 609 and 309 starches, to its existing line of functional, clean-label starches. The company claims that these ingredients can withstand harsh processing, and cold temperature conditions.
- Another leading player in starch based edible coating market -BENEO GmbH - has expanded its Remypure portfolio. BENEO has launched its second functional native rice starch - Remypure S52, using a novel production process to improve its functional properties and achieve better performance levels than modified food starches.
- A global leader in the food ingredients space - Kerry Group - has acquired two US businesses - Ariake USA, and Southeastern Mills’ North American coatings and seasonings business for about US$367.7 million, to expand and strengthen its global food service positioning. In another acquisition, Kerry Group has purchased a Spain-based seasoning and coatings company-Hasenosa for an undisclosed amount.
- Tate & Lyle- a leading global provider of food ingredients and solutions, has signed an agreement with HORN, a US-based speciality ingredients distributor. As a part of the agreement, HORN will operate as Tate & Lyle’s main US ingredients distributor for its nutrition industry clientele.
The report on starch based edible coating market also provides a comprehensive analysis on the leading manufacturers in starch based edible coating market. The report profiles several leading players functioning in the starch based edible coating market, including Tate and Lyle PLC., Cargill Inc., Ingredion Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Avebe, BENEO GmbH, Roquette Frères, Flo Chemical Corporation and others. The growing inclination of consumers towards healthier and more ecological foods has been prompting the packaging manufacturers to develop novel and eco-friendly solutions, for increasing the life span of food products. Focus on adoption of edible films and coatings, as an alternative to the currently employed mixture of synthetic and biodegradable chemical compounds, is a key sales determinant of starch based edible coating. With their key attributes, such as barrier to oxygen and humidity, Starch based edible coatings are rapidly emerging as a feasible & sustainable substitutes for the synthetic packaging materials.
Nanotechnology is gaining traction as a vital tool and efficient packaging option for extending the shelf life of foods, as it enables the incorporation of lipophilic and hydrophilic substances that exhibit excellent antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. These substances significantly boost the shelf life of products, such as fresh-cut and whole fruits and vegetables, cheese, seeds, and nuts. With the convenience of developing nanosystems for starch based edible coatings using biodegradable synthetic polymers, in combination with solid and liquid lipids at room temperature, adoption of this novel approach for food preservation is on the cards.
Have Any Question? Ask Our Industry Experts - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=2912
Several studies have proved the ability of starch based edible coatings in increasing shelf life and quality of fruits and vegetables, as these facilitate the development of edible barriers at a relatively affordable cost. On the contrary, significant cost is associated with synthetic coatings that necessitate incorporation of components, including lipids, plasticizers, surfactants, or other hydrophobic polymers, into the coating formulation to attain a good adherence on the host product surface. In fresh-cut commodities, cassava starch and alginate starch based edible coatings are linked with cost-effective maintenance of quality and safety during storage, as they preserve minimally processed fruits without altering their quality parameters.
FactMR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20852